Tampere University is created in January 2019 by the merger of the University of Tampere and Tampere University of Technology, which are joining forces to create a new foundation-based university.
At the new University, technology and social sciences come together in a unique way. Our research groups and projects conduct multidisciplinary research across institutional boundaries.
The research undertaken at our Centres of Excellences (CoE) ranges from game culture studies to tumour genetics.
Tampere University is one of the most multidisciplinary universities in Finland. Almost all internationally recognised fields of study are represented at our university.
Tampere University has seven faculties:
- Faculty of Information Technology and Communication Sciences (ITC)
- Faculty of Management and Business (MAB)
- Faculty of Education and Culture (EDU)
- Faculty of Medicine and Health Technology (MET)
- Faculty of Built Environment (BEN)
- Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences (ENS)
- Faculty of Social Sciences (SOC)